4/25/2021

Get vaccinated




Millions are skipping their second dozes of Covid Vaccines.


Why?


You may have some concerns like you may fear the side effects such as flulike symptoms? You may feel that it is sufficiently protected with a single shot? Or simply they ran out of supply or didn't have the right brand in stock?



I had a second dose last week and felt that I should be open about my experiences after the second shot. So this is my story.......



April.20 


3pm:  I had a second Moderna made vaccine and waited 15 minutes to see I feel ok to leave the shot site.




7pm:  Had a good dinner (no alcohol) feeling well as usual.




11pm:  Went to bed. All normal. 





April.21


7am:  Slept well and felt wooziness little but had coffee and good amount of breakfast. Normal day starts.

10am:  Online meeting as usual with the colleagues and told them to meet in person later time. I was feeling fine.




11am:  Checked my temperature, 99.5 degrees. Slightly feeling fever like.






12pm:  Had a good amount of lunch, but wanted to go back to bed as soon as finished meal. Start feeling listless. 



1pm~6pm:  Having temperature went up and down in between 99.5 to 101 degrees. Yes, this was the moment feeling flulike symptom. 

  


6pm:  Even I was feeling wooziness, I was hungry for regular meal for dinner. My body was suffering with flulike symptom, but my mental was positive just because I guess I knew exactly why this was happening and knew this will be over within 24 to 36 hours like as many people said.





9pm  Since dinner, stayed in bed watching TV feeling woozy. Had a Tylenol and went to sleep hoping to feel much better when I wake up.





April.22

6am:  Had a great sleep and felt little weak after a high fever, but felt good.

7am:  Had a great breakfast and feeling better and better.





10am:  I was at office and read to do anything!





So to verify the time to kick in the vaccine fully, it took somewhere around 10 hours + after being vaccinated, started feeling woozy. The fever like temperatures remained for about 30 hours and feel getting back to normal afterward.

I know about 20 people who had 2nd shot of vaccine and symptom varies.

 
50% were very similar to what I went through.

40% were no fever, nothing. Lucky ones.

10% felt minor issues such as low fever for a very short time.


But what I know, it is good that I have made effort to protect myself for being less chance to advancing in severity with virus and not spreading virus to others.

Don't you think it is worth of having vaccines just for this reason?



Please get vaccinated.



Remember, you will still need to follow the rules!











No comments:

Post a Comment