8/10/2023

Maui wildfire




I lost my word.
My second home, Maui has devastated by wild fire, especially west side, Lahaina.
Whole town burned down and lost everything.
My hearts go out to everyone in Lahaina area and I do not have any words of comfort.
Lahaina was once the royal residence of King Kamehameha III who unified Hawaii under a single kingdom by defeating the other islands chiefs. His successors made Lahaina the capital from 1820 to 1845.

Hawaii lost own cultural heritage and living witness to history.

We visit Maui every summer for the last 17 years and we are planning to go there on 8/21/2023. We are not sure if we should go now or not under such situation. But our friends in Maui are saying we are not the tourists and have been a part of the community for a long time. Maybe if we help relief efforts, that could mean something?

It would be so difficult for us to witness devastated Maui but this maybe the time to join the community to support Maui.

I will make a sensible decision with my family in couple days.


Stay strong Maui









No comments:

Post a Comment